Monday, May 12, 2008
Food storage experiment
Greg and I are not in a panic over food storage. Actually, Greg was cleaning out the garage today and decided to go through some boxes of food storage items that his parents gave us a few years ago when they moved. This stuff was canned in 1978--that's right, 30 years ago!! AND, over the years it's been stored in the attic, or the garage. SO, I decided I would open a couple of things and see if they were still good. I opened a can of brown rice and a can of powdered milk. I cooked the rice according to the instructions, and mixed up the milk and made Pappy Joe's famous hot chocolate. Now, I cannot say anything regarding the nutritional value of this stuff, BUT it tasted just fine! We ate the rice with our dinner, and afterwards the girls came back for seconds and thirds on the hot chocolate until it was all gone. Now we'll see if anyone gets sick tonight, but we'll hope for the best!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Too, too funny. That's amazing...and makes me feel better about not being very good at "rotating". :) Please share the hot chocolate recipe!! My kids cry when I break out powdered milk.
You CRACK me up!!! 30 year old food ... mmmmm, mmmmm, good!
Angie, thank you for making Kristi and I sound so cool in your blog. We love you guys too and had so much fun being with your family. Thanks for all your guys did for us while we were there. Your blog is awesome!! Kristi and I just read through this together. Take care, Craig & Kristi
I'm not very adventurous when it comes to food storage...you are an inspiration. Anyone sick yet, just kidding.
I'm not very adventurous when it comes to food storage...you are an inspiration. Anyone sick yet, just kidding.
HAHA. This was funny Angie. Thanks for sharing.
Post a Comment